A good blog tells us the truth about it's hero; but a bad blog tells us the truth about its writer .

p.s : This site is best viewed on monitor when not on a high !! :P

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

exaggeration!!

I am no exaggerator…but last night while having dinner I got a call from the Indian Prime minister DR Manmohan Singh. He said I was being awarded the ‘Exaggerator of the year award’. Since I don’t like to be disturbed during dinner, I informed him that I would call him at the next available opportunity and kept the phone down.

After dinner, my curiosity got the better of me and I did a Google search. Seems ‘Exaggerator of the year award’ has been previously won by Y.S. Rajshekar Reddy, George Bush, Amar Singh, Ramalinga Raju, Bishen Singh Bedi, Uma Bharati and Krish Srikkanth among others.

On further research, I found that on 5th of January of each year, both the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha members in consultation with the Executive and Judiciary come up with a list of ten biggest exaggerators from various walks of life.


After a while, I stopped googling and looked for mannu’s number. The person you address as the Prime minister of India is a pal of mine and I address him as Mannu. I had his number stored in my mobile...and thus gave him a missed call. I generally do that because for him outgoing is free…and he always says all calls he makes go into Gandhi’s account. Within a few seconds he gave me a call…and we spoke for about 21 minutes.

Why 21 minutes? I was only trying to convince him that I didn’t want the award…but he won’t listen one bit.

As of now I have agreed to be at the presentation ceremony scheduled at the Indira Gandhi Maidan in New Delhi. Heads of State from 189 countries have agreed to grace the occasion – the biggest gathering since Diana’s death in a car crash. It is being telecast live on CNN,NDTV, BBC,Aaj Tak, Doordarshan…and on TV9 because somebody from Andhra Pradesh is winning the award after a long time.

To congratulate me on winning the award mail me - sairampulaparthi@gmail.com

No comments: